Ukrainian Minority Commission visits Flensburg06.11.2014
Press release: Ukrainian Minority Commission visits Flensburg
Today (6 November), the Commissioner for Minority Issues of the Ukrainian government, Mr Gennadiy Druzenko, had a meeting in Flensburg with representatives of the minorities in the German-Danish border region. Representatives of the German minority in Nordschleswig, Denmark, and the Danish minority in South Schleswig, Germany, told him about the successful minority model of the region and proposed to use the experiences from the border region as a contribution to solve the conflict in Ukraine. President Hans Heinrich Hansen of the Federal Union of European Nationalities – which has its seat in Flensburg – invited Mr Gennadiy Druzenko to speak about the situation of the minorities in Ukraine at the next congress of FUEN in May 2015.
Gennediy Druzenko used the opportunity to give information about the current state of affairs in regard to the minorities in Ukraine.
The Minority Commissioner is visiting Germany within the framework of a programme of visits organised by the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
More information: FUEN President Hans Heinrich Hansen, +45 23 49 92 06.
Photo (Manfred Bauch): SSF Chairman Jon Hardon Hanson, BDN Chairman Hinrich Jürgensen, FUEN President Hans Heinrich Hansen, Commissioner for Minority Issues of the Ukrainian Government Gennadiy Druzenko, City Council President of Flensburg Swetlana Krätzschmar and the Assistant of Mr Druzenko Viktoriia Luganska – standing before the House of Minorities at Norderstrasse in Flensburg, which opened one week ago.
- The ball is in play: Kickoff press conference for EUROPEADA 2024
- Registration of teams is open for EUROPEADA 2024!
- Western Balkans delegation discusses with FUEN: How does diversity management succeed?
- German Bundestag celebrates 25 years of the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages
- The FUEN Presidium and the Working Group of Slavic Minorities (AGSM) strongly condemn the racist postings in Carinthia/Koroška
- FUEN Presidium and Minority Council in constructive dialogue on further development of the minority organisation
- Appeal filed against the lower court decision on the Minority SafePack
- The Minority Monitor presents the case of the forced assimilation of the Russian minority in Estonia
- FUEN’s views on diversity management presented at the Western Balkans regional conference in Skopje
- Minority SafePack: the Citizens’ Committee is set to appeal the General Court’s decision