The Citizens’ Committee of the Minority SafePack ECI requests the General Court of the European Union to annul the Commission’s decision on the initiative24.03.2021
On 24 March 2021 the Citizens’ Committee of the “Minority SafePack – One million signatures for diversity in Europe” European Citizens’ Initiative (MSPI) filed at the General Court of the European Union a request for the annulment of the European Commission’s decision on the initiative, which it made public in its Communication of 15 January 2021.
The submission was based on a careful legal examination of the Commission's response by the Citizens’ Committee, the Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN), the coordinator of the European signature collection campaign, and their legal representatives. They concluded that the communication is deeply flawed by the fact that in it the European Commission infringed its legal obligation to state reasons and committed manifest errors of assessment.
The Commission has failed to correctly interpret the initiative. The measures brought forward by the Commission are manifestly inappropriate having regard to the objectives of the Minority SafePack Initiative.
There are also sufficient grounds to believe that the Commission has not complied with its obligation to state reasons, which constitutes a gross procedural error. Furthermore, the Commission did not address the oral submissions the initiators made at the meeting with the Commission and at the public hearing held in the European Parliament. The Commission also failed to address the detailed written explanations and clarifications on the scope of the MSPI provided by the initiators.
Based on the above, the Citizens’ Committee and the FUEN, see sufficient ground to apply for the annulment of the Commission’s Communication.
- The South Tyroleans and Carinthian Slovenes win the European Championship titles of the 4th EUROPEADA
- When Sorbs and Cimbrians sing the Carinthian Slovenes’ anthem – Europeada Culture Day provides many goosebump moments
- Let fair play and the best win! EUROPEADA 2022 officially opens in Carinthia
- UEFA President's message of support for EUROPEADA
- New exhibition shows the history of FUEN
- "The Europeada should write a piece of minority history"
- Education experts exchange ideas via online platform for minority education
- The Ladins in Belluno and Hungarians in Slovakia were the guests of the Minority Intergroup
- EUROPEADA 2022: Programme and match schedule are set
- "I am proud to be a Sinto" - Film about minorities in the German-Danish borderland celebrates premiere in the Minority Competence Network