JOB VACANCY: FUEN Political Officer in Brussels03.01.2023
With more than 100 member organisations in 35 European countries, FUEN is the largest umbrella organisation of autochthonous, national minorities and ethnic groups in Europe. It represents the interests of European minorities at regional, national and, in particular, European level and works to preserve and promote the identities, languages, cultures, rights and uniqueness of European minorities. FUEN was founded in Paris in 1949, today it has three locations: in Flensburg, Berlin and Brussels.
To support our team, we have a vacancy for a full- or part-time FUEN political officer in Brussels, Belgium, to start at the earliest possible date.
- Managing and organising the FUEN office in Brussels, Belgium
- Contributing to the strategic direction of FUEN;
- Preparing background materials and statements on minority protection issues for FUEN
- Analysis and recommendation on various documents, events and projects in the spectrum of the FUEN
- Supporting the activities of the European Dialogue Forum of FUEN
- Preparation and implementation of visits, meetings, conferences (speeches, presentations, etc.)
- Participation in events such as conferences, hearings, meetings
- Analysis of information sources and latest developments produced by the EU institutions, government agencies, non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and think tanks on the organisation's field of interest
- Support other FUEN projects
- Relevant completed education with at least 1 year of professional experience, preferably courses of study such as law, political science or administrative science
- Knowledge in the field of minority issues
- Understanding of politics and economic contexts
- Knowledge of the EU institutions (knowledge of the Council of Europe would be an advantage)
- Business fluent in German and English, knowledge of other languages including regional and minority languages is desirable
- Ability to work independently, present yourself in a self-confident and appropriate manner, organisational skills and assertiveness, strong communication skills, ability to work in a team, flexibility and empathy.
- Exciting pan-European projects
- A European and committed team
- An attractive and varied working environment
- Work-life balance: regulated working hours with a flexible start and end time, possibility of mobile working, compensatory time off.
The position is initially limited until 31.12.2023 with an option for extension.
In the case of equal suitability, severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration in accordance with SGB IX.
We look forward to receiving your application documents, which you should send to us by 31.01.2023 at the latest, preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the earliest possible starting date.
For further information, please contact FUEN Secretary General Éva Pénzes, e-mail: email@example.com
- The ball is in play: Kickoff press conference for EUROPEADA 2024
- Registration of teams is open for EUROPEADA 2024!
- Western Balkans delegation discusses with FUEN: How does diversity management succeed?
- German Bundestag celebrates 25 years of the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages
- The FUEN Presidium and the Working Group of Slavic Minorities (AGSM) strongly condemn the racist postings in Carinthia/Koroška
- FUEN Presidium and Minority Council in constructive dialogue on further development of the minority organisation
- Appeal filed against the lower court decision on the Minority SafePack
- The Minority Monitor presents the case of the forced assimilation of the Russian minority in Estonia
- FUEN’s views on diversity management presented at the Western Balkans regional conference in Skopje
- Minority SafePack: the Citizens’ Committee is set to appeal the General Court’s decision