FUEN urges all sides to exercise responsibility and caution and warn against any actions which could lead an escalation of the situation and cause military tension in Crimea05.03.2014
Federal Union of European Nationalities (FUEN) expresses its deep concern about the political crisis in Ukraine and the fragile situation in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea. FUEN urges all sides to exercise responsibility and caution and warn against any actions which could lead an escalation of the situation and cause military tension in Crimea.
It has an utmost importance for FUEN that stability and peace should immediately be established in Ukraine. We urge all relevant parties to refrain from unilateral actions and to engage in a meaningful dialogue for a peaceful settlement in the country with full respect of the territorial integrity, unity and independence of Ukraine.
With around 90 member organisations in 32 European countries, we are committed to protect and promote the identity, language, culture, rights and own character of the European minorities. The rights of minorities in Ukraine should be guaranteed, protected and promoted in Ukraine in accordance with international standards, norms and values.
We express our solidarity with our member organizations in Ukraine: The Society of the Carpatho-Rusyns, The Council of Germans, The Cultural Allience of Hungarians in Sub-Carpathia and Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar People. We call for a dialogue and consultation mechanism through creation of special deputy’s commissions represented by all the political parties and all minorities in order to de-escalate the tensions especially in Crimea.
- The South Tyroleans and Carinthian Slovenes win the European Championship titles of the 4th EUROPEADA
- When Sorbs and Cimbrians sing the Carinthian Slovenes’ anthem – Europeada Culture Day provides many goosebump moments
- Let fair play and the best win! EUROPEADA 2022 officially opens in Carinthia
- UEFA President's message of support for EUROPEADA
- New exhibition shows the history of FUEN
- "The Europeada should write a piece of minority history"
- Education experts exchange ideas via online platform for minority education
- The Ladins in Belluno and Hungarians in Slovakia were the guests of the Minority Intergroup
- EUROPEADA 2022: Programme and match schedule are set
- "I am proud to be a Sinto" - Film about minorities in the German-Danish borderland celebrates premiere in the Minority Competence Network