Draw of the EUROPEADA groups: Place and time fixed!19.09.2023
All EUROPEADA fans should mark this date in their calendars: On Sunday, 10 December 2023, the draw for the match groups for the 2024 European Football Championship of Minorities will take place in Haderslev/Hadersleben, Denmark. The tournament will take place next summer (28 June - 7 July) in North and South Schleswig around the German-Danish border, with Flensburg/Flensborg, Germany, as the organising centre. The Danish minority in Germany, the German minority in Denmark and the Sinti and Roma and Frisian minorities in Schleswig-Holstein form the organising quartet. The games will be played at 13 locations in both Germany and Denmark.
Who will have to sweat it out in the group phase – and who will probably face rather easy opponents? At the draw in the "Fuglsang Lounge" in the Sydbank Park stadium, there will be quite a few pots to fill, as more teams than ever before have registered for the 5th edition of EUROPEADA: 27 men's and 9 women's teams mean a new record number of participants. The exact time and further details of the event will be announced soon.
And there is more news for EUROPEADA fans: The new EUROPEADA website with all important information about the tournament itself, its history, next year's hosts as well as all teams and venues is online! From now on, all important news can also be found at www.europeada.eu. For media representatives, the press area offers logos, photos and EUROPEADA facts for download and, from next year, the possibility to register. In line with the four hosts, the website is also available in four languages: English, German, Danish and Frisian.
Anyone who would like to support the tournament as a volunteer, whether on the sidelines, in the press centre or with the transport service, has the opportunity to apply as a volunteer via the new homepage.
The patronage for EUROPEADA has been taken on by two prominent faces of the border region, the German Vice-Chancellor Robert Habeck and the Danish politician Stephanie Lose, Chairwoman of the Southern Denmark Region and Deputy Chairwoman of the liberal party Venstre.
FUEN is the founder and coordinator of the tournament and organises EUROPEADA together with the local organisers. Previously, the European Minority Football Championship was held in Graubünden/Switzerland (2008), Lausitz/Germany (2012), South Tyrol/Italy (2016) and Carinthia/Koroška, Austria (2022). The tournament is a major sporting event that combines fair competition and the excitement of a sports festival with the matters of the autochthonous, national minorities.
- Money talks, but in which language? The Forum of European Minority Regions starts in Opole
- "Change must come from within and begins in the mind": Workshop collects important ideas for more gender equality
- JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Office Manager
- JOB ADVERTISEMENT: Communications Employee
- AGDM annual conference: a signal to German federal politicians
- Women first – but how? FUEN workshop on equal rights in minority organisations in Vienna
- These are the 14 venues for EUROPEADA 2024
- From existential hardship to the right to minority education - AGSM annual meeting in Zagreb reveals serious contrasts
- 32nd AGDM Conference: political impetus, networking and exchange
- FUEN: The new Ukrainian Law on National Minorities does not offer an adequate solution to the requests of the national minorities